Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun in tunnels and baskets

Everything is going great in the Friedel house. The kids and I are excited the weather has finally turned nice and we are able to go outside every day. We've been to the zoo several times and are checking out all the different parks around town. Today we went to story time at the library for the first time in almost 2 months. Aidan was a little rusty on some of the songs that they always sing, so we will have to practice those again.

Last night Aaron had his softball games up in Ames again. The fields were finally dry enough that they could play again. The kids and I went up as well. We were hanging out with the other wives and children and one of the moms and I started talking cause her twin boys looked about Aidan's age. Came to find out they were born on the exact same day, September 8! And the boys were delivered by my same doctor an hour before Aidan was born. So I have now met the reason I had to wait for the doctor to come down to my room and get Aidan out! :) To be fair though, she was a scheduled c-section and she had to wait for the other 2 emergency c-sections that came in that morning. I just thought that was too funny as we discovered that last night. :)

Not too much else going on here. Just thinking about and praying for all the people affected by the flooding, particularly in Cedar Rapids and down by Burlington as that is what we relate to the most. I know my aunt and uncle have been affected and Grammy and Papa Friedel have been down sandbagging for the last week in southeast Iowa. Hopefully the road to recovering will begin soon.

Here are some pictures of the kids playing in the tunnel and the laundry basket. Silly munchkins. :)




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Aaron Friedel said...

It's about time you made another post. You need to get your priorities straight. Be a good mom or be a good blogger. Which is it?

PS - You should get an email for this comment.