Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Sandbox!

For awhile now we have been talking about making a sandbox for the kids in the backyard. All three of them LOVE playing in the sand. So much to Aaron's dismay, I made him go buy the wood yesterday and get 'er done! We decided to make it 8x8, which I know is huge, but we do have a big yard with nothing in it right now, and three little ones sharing the sandbox so we just went for it. It looked HUGE when he put it together in the garage, but seemed just right in the backyard.

So far there are 40 bags of sand in it, and it could probably use about 10 more, but this is good for now.

The kids were watching us from inside as we loaded it up with sand. I went in to tell them they could come out and couldn't find them. I came back out just in time to see them coming around the side of the house holding their new sand rakes I had sitting in the garage. They were pretty excited to get in that sandbox I guess!

I wish I had more pictures of them playing in it this afternoon, but I don't. But as you can tell from the plethora of toys, they certainly enjoyed their new sandbox! Didn't Aaron do a nice job?! :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need some triangular seats on the corners for support and sitting down on something other than sand. Looks like a fun pile to play in.
MOM

roduns said...

Impressive! We're coming over :) You've got room for 2 more, right?

Amy said...

Rochelle - Of course! It is a gigantic sandbox, plenty of room! Bring your niece and nephew too! :)

Anonymous said...

What type of wood did you use ?