Thursday, October 15, 2009

New beds

So here it is folks. Aidan and Ella's new bunk bed.

Last night was their first night in the new beds. Actually, for Ella, it was her first night in a big girl bed, in a new room, and sharing a room. Lots of firsts for the Bear. She did awesome though. She was actually the best of the three kids last night, though they all did fairly well. Ella only came out of the room crying for me once, and that was after I had gone back into the room twice to help Aidan with something he was whining about. But I just took her back in, covered her up and she stayed and slept the entire night until I had to wake her at 7:30 this morning to go to Aidan's doctor's appointment! What a good girl! (Aidan on the other hand woke up at 5:00 and argued with Aaron for the next hour and a half about being awake and getting breakfast)

Olivia woke up twice last night but hopefully will be better tonight. It was her first night moved into the crib. But even Olivia is getting good at the whole nighttime routine and putting herself to sleep. They were all asleep by 8:30 last night, which was super awesome, and I think it was about 8:30 tonight as well. Olivia cried a little going to sleep tonight, but Ella did not make a peep!

When I checked on Aidan and Ella last night, sweet Ella was snuggled up under the covers with her head on the pillow, just like you would want. Aidan, halfway down the bed, covers off and laying perpendicular to the bed. Hopefully he learns very quick that being on the top bunk in a twin size mattress is a little different than having free range of an entire queen size bed!

On another note, Aidan had his 4 year check up this morning. Aaron came along to help as I figured there was no way I would be able to handle all three with all the shots and tests and things they do at the 4 yr check. It all went really well actually. He was 41 pounds and 41 1/2 inches tall (75% for both). He got 5 shots and the flu mist so now he doesn't need any more shots before kindergarten, so that is taken care of. He had a vision screen which they said was fine, even though when he was doing his right eye he wasn't really even looking at the board so he was just guessing. They lady asked him in a pattern (house, apple, house, apple) so if he said the wrong one, she was like, are you sure? and he of course changed his answer to the other one. So not so sure about that, might get that checked again. The hearing test was fine as well. Then came the time to get the finger prick. I told him that was our final thing and he completely flipped out! He was totally screaming down the main hall in McFarland Clinic. This is where having daddy come really came in handy. Aaron carried him down the hall to the lab and the nice nurse talked him down from his ledge, promised there were no more shots, just a tiny prick and some bubbles. So he agreed to go back with her. About a minute later he comes running out of the lab with a big smile on his face and a new sticker. Phew! Another Aidan check-up done! Healthy happy 4 year old boy, which of course we already knew. :)

No comments: