Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas #1

We celebrated Christmas with the Van Sickel's this past weekend at our house. Chris was home from Colorado for the weekend and it was great to see him. It was really fun to see Aidan and Ella playing with him so easily, like they see him all the time, when they really haven't seen him in a YEAR! (Seriously Chris, can you find your way back across to Iowa at least twice a year!) :)

We had a fun time on Saturday playing with Wii Sports. Mom and Dad even got into the action with a little bowling. Sunday was also fun, with a delicious breakfast and lunch. Unfortunately Aaron was sick all day and I ended up sick in the evening. Hopefully no one that visited us this weekend caught our flu bug. I would feel terrible!

Not sure if you can see the pictures very well here. I am playing around with the new Picasa (program I use to manage my pictures) and it has a much better collage feature than the last version so I thought I would try one. Aidan and Ella had a lot of fun opening their presents. Ella wore a new dress made by Grandma Van. It was a little big on her, but she looked very pretty. (I must have taken bad measurements - sorry Mom!) Aidan was a great little elf passing out presents, and Ella cracked us up when she just went over and grabbed Aidan and gave him a big hug and wouldn't let go. I think Ella's favorite thing ended up being that piece of red paper she is playing with in the bottom right. She was still playing with it today - makes a fun crinkly noise when you shake it.

All-in-all a great weekend, minus the sick people at the end. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: