Monday, July 21, 2008

Storm

So last night at 3:30 a.m. the tornado sirens went off in Ankeny. I jumped up, woke Aaron up and we took the kids down to the basement. Electricity went off shortly after getting to basement, but Aidan really liked the glow stick Aaron had in the emergency backpack. They both did really well downstairs after being woken from their deep sleep. Ella did really well going back to sleep, but I was up with Aidan until 6 this morning, then he fell asleep til 7:30. I am a little sleepy. :( But at least they got the power back on by about 8:30 this morning.

And then this is what the backyard looks like this morning. I am hoping that Ankeny has a curbside pick-up after this storm like they sometimes do. We could probably make a whole new tree out of all the limbs and branches that are down in the backyard. I hate having so many trees in our little yard!!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: