Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Olivia is 8 months old!

Can you believe it? I actually took her pictures and am blogging about it ON her 8 month birthday?! I know, good mommy today. :)

You can see below how well the photo shoot started. Not so easy to photograph a little mobile baby that wants to crawl over to mommy.

But I did manage to get a few good shots. I forgot to include her awesome Olivia blanket in last month's pictures, but I remembered today. She looks so sweet and innocent in this picture I think.

There is our big girl. I can't believe she is already 8 months old! She has just started crawling, and now she is all over the place. At first she would just crawl a few feet over to something new that she was interested in. But the past couple of days she will go to different rooms looking for new things, looking for brother or sister, or mommy. She has been so much more content now that she is able to really explore and see new things, under her own power. Now we just have to get used to having the gate shut all the time again!

Her tongue is always twisted in her mouth when she smiles. She has been trying out new and different babbling sounds lately. She eats baby food twice a day, but nothing very thick. I give her Cheerios occassionally, but she mostly just plays with them. Which is fine, work on that pincer grasp!

I LOVE watching her get excited. If she is sitting she starts giggling and flailing her arms and legs. It is so cute. And when I pick her up now, sometimes she gives big hugs by squeezing me around the neck. LOVE IT!

I don't know if you can tell in these pictures very well, but the poor bunny has several little bruises on her forehead and cheek from her new found mobility. It is hard being a new crawler and puller-upper! Oh yeah, that is her other new thing. Pulling herself up onto EVERYTHING. She even cruises along the couch a little bit now. Only a matter of time....

Happy 8 months little Livi! We love you!!!!


No comments: