Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another great website

Again, this is more for those of you with young children. If you enjoy the Jan Brett's children's books (The Mitten, The Hat, Gingerbread Baby, etc.) you should really check out her website. She has thousands of activities, coloring pages and projects you can do to go along with the books.

We had just read The Mitten so I found the activity that went along with that. I printed out three pages, one for each side of the mitten, and one with a picture of all the animals on it. Aidan colored the animals (and the mitten, even though the mittens are white in the story), then I cut them all out, stapled the two sides of the mitten together, and we read the story again. Aidan really enjoyed getting to put his animals into his mitten as we read along with the book.

I am excited to get out some of the other Jan Brett books that we have and see what fun activities we can find for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My spousе and I stumbled oveг hеre bу a
differеnt page аnd thought I mіght check thіngs
оut. Ι like whаt I see so i am just fоllowing you.
Lοοκ foгward to finԁing out аbout youг web page yet again.


Μy homеpagе: tens machine
my web site > tens Unit